Consign for Kids was founded by a group of staff members at the Childrens Hospital of Georgia. This group, made up of pediatric critical care physicians, neonatal and pediatric nurses, and neonatal and pediatric respiratory therapists, saw a need for more diversional activities and state of the art equipment for their patients.
Since the Childrens Hospital of Georgia is non-profit, it relies heavily on donations from the community. Consign for Kids will provide an excellent way for the community to come together to recoup some of money they have spent over the years, along with allow others to get quality items at great prices all while raising money for the pediatric patients right here in the CSRA.
Consign for Kids will feature consignment and donated items including: childrens clothing, women and mens clothing, shoes, accessories, home goods, furniture and more. Also, there will be various vendor booths featuring handmade crafts and commercial goods.
100% of the proceeds from the Consign for Kids sale will be donated to the Childrens Hospital of Georgia. The money will be used to help ensure patients are provided with things that make their stay more enjoyable such as video game systems, toys, movies, arts and craft projects along with state of the art equipment for areas such as the pediatric floors, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
More information on the Childrens Hospital of Georgia:
The Childrens Hospital of Georgia is the only facility in the area dedicated exclusively to children. It staffs the largest team of pediatric specialists in the region who deliver out- and in- patient care for everything from common childhood illnesses to life-threatening conditions like heart disorders, cancer and neurological diseases.
Opened in 1998, the Center offers:
- Primary care to keep your child healthy
- Adolescent care by board-certified adolescent medicine specialists
- A full range of medical services including pediatric cardiology, oncology and neurology
- A full range of pediatric surgical services
- Pediatric emergency services and the areas only pediatric trauma center
- A dedicated 154-bed childrens hospital designed exclusively for children
- A Level I (highest level) pediatric intensive care unit
- A Level IV (highest level) neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Pediatric and Neonatal air and ground transport teams
- One of only two Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) systems in Georgia. ECMO keeps the hearts and lungs of critically ill infants and children working while they heal.
- A full range of in-house diagnostic tests
- Registered nurses, therapists, dieticians, pharmacists, nurse educators and other caregivers specially trained in pediatrics
- Social workers to help families access resources
- Patient Family Centered Care
- Child Life Specialists to help children understand and cope with care
- A telemedicine program to take pediatric expertise into rural areas
- Interpreters in virtually every language
- Medical research and training programs for pediatric specialists
- All the resources of one of Georgias largest academic medical centers