Frequently Asked Questions
How is the money split between the consignor and the Children’s Hospital of Georgia?
- Proceeds from the sale will be split 60/40 – 60% going back to the seller, and 40% going to the Children’s Hospital of Georgia. Every penny of monies raised from this sale will go directly back into the facility for activities for patients and state of the art medical equipment.
What is the process for becoming a consignor?
- Register as a consignor on www.consignforkids.com
- After registration, we will email you your consignor number, tags for you to print from home, and your drop off and volunteer time slots.
- Print out tags from your home computer for each of the items that you would like to sell
- See TAGGING page for more information
- Help spread the word about the sale and the great cause it supports!
- Make yourself familiar with all the information on the website, and please feel free to email us with any questions!
- After the sale, come back and pick up the items that did not sell and that you chose not to donate. All items not picked up during the “pick up” window will be donated to local charities.
Is there any cost to consign?
- Yes, there is a $10 registration fee. If you chose to volunteer a 4 hour block during the week of the sale, we will refund your $10 fee.
How do I price my items?
- All items must be priced at a whole dollar starting at $1.00. You may create “sets” of items to equal $1.00 (For example, rubber band three books together to equal $1.00).
- We suggest pricing your items at about 1/3 of the original retail price
- All items marked DONATE will be reduced 50% for the last day of the sale.
Can I donate items to the sale?
- Yes! Donations are encouraged. After accepting your donation, we will price the item and place it at the sale. If it does not sell, it will be donated to other local charities.
Can you volunteer at the sale without being a consignor?
- YES! We will gladly accept any one that would like to volunteer. Please register using the “Registration” Form, but you will not need to pay the registration fee. We will contact you after you register. All volunteers will have admission to the Volunteer Sale on Thursday.
What do I need to bring to drop off?
- Please bring your tagged items and, if you would not like to donate your unsold items, a large enough Rubbermaid container to fit your items.
- At drop off, expect to spend about 15-20 minutes for us to look through your items. Although we are so very appreciative of anything you bring to us, we reserve the right to turn away any item we feel will not sell. We will have a donation bin at drop off for things you do not wish to take back home with you.
- At drop off, you will sign a "consignor agreement form" and on the form each consignor must provide their social security number since checks will be sent directly from GRU/Children's Hospital of Georgia. This information will only be seen by the finance department at GRU and will be kept strictly confidential.