How to Tag your Items
Step 1: Assemble Your Hanging Items
- Hanging clothes should be tagged on the upper left chest of the garment and coat hanger should face the right shoulder of the garment
- Tags should be safety pinned to the upper left chest of the item
- No tape will be allowed. Keeping the tags pinned securely ensures you get your money!
- Belts and other accessories should be safety pinned to the main piece of clothing
- All 2-piece or more outfits should have the hangers secured together with heavy tape or rubber bands at the top to ensure they do not become separated
- Please ensure when making “outfits” to sell, that the sizes match!
- Making “outfits” is a great way to sell clothing- often people will buy an outfit over random pants and shirts!
- Jeans and pants can be on clip hangers or safety pinned to a wire hanger.
- Jeans or pants that are draped/folded over the hanger will not be accepted.
- Another option for “leggings” or baby pants is to combine same sizes and put them in a large Ziploc back with tag on outside
Step 2: Assemble Other Items
- Shoes should be buckled, tied together as a pair, or placed together in a Ziploc bag
- Toys, books, videos should have tags secured with clear tape. Any loose pieces should be in a Ziploc bag and taped clearly to the item.
- Household/lawn/garden equipment must have tags secured with clear tape or rubber bands
Step 3: Tag Your Items
- Decide whether or not you would like your items that do not sell donated to a local charity or be picked up after the sale.
- If you choose "DISCOUNT" your item will be 50% off but will be returned to you if it does not sell. If you choose "DONATE" your item will be 50% off and will be donated after the sale.
- If you would like to pick up your unsold items the Sunday after the sale, please bring a big enough Rubbermaid or large plastic container to fit your things in. Please remember large items such as furniture, very large toys, etc must be picked up during pickup times
- Fill out your tags neatly and clearly with all information, including consignor number, DONATE or NOT DONATE, girl/boy/women/men, size (number size if applicable), description, etc.
- This information is very important in case a tag is accidentally removed from your item. Including brand and colors in description is very helpful.
- Tag your items as described above and remember that accurate tagging ensures accurate payout!
- Proper tagging and presentation are KEYS to selling your items! Washing, ironing and cleaning up your item can make all the difference! A little extra effort on your part can help put money in your pocket!